The Assiniboia Court House on 700 Centre Street is classified as a Provincial Heritage Building. Architect Maurice Sharon designed the two-storey bricked structure – a building completed in 1930. Assiniboia's historic court house was part of a series of provincial government buildings designed by the provincial architect. The provincial architect represented an official office where public buildings in Saskatchewan were drafted and blueprinted since 1905. The office was discontinued in the latter part of the 1930s. Sharon built ten other court houses throughout Saskatchewan, including courts in the cities of Weyburn, Estevan and Yorkton. Constructed with bricks from Estevan and trimmed with Tyndall Stone from Manitoba, the building reflected a Georgian Classical influence with Doric columns at the entrance. The current court house is in the Prince of Wales Cultural and Recreation Centre.